Header Menu

Monday, September 1, 2014

Staff Interview: CoroQuetz

Who are you and what are you doing here?
CoroQuetz here, and I'm the guy currently in charge of the Made By You column~

When did you start playing Taiko?
I can't remember the exact year, but I remember trying out a Taiko no Tatsujin 7 in an arcade somewhere when I was young. My first console Taiko was DS1, 2 or 3 years after that. I've been seriously playing for about 4 years now, though.

What was your first Taiko arcade version?
Taiko no Tatsujin 7, though I only played it once, actually.

What are the versions of Taiko you've played?
On the arcade side, I've played 7, 11 Asia, 12 Asia and 14. Console side, only DS1, DS2 and iOS+, surprisingly. I spent way more time on the arcade versions than the console versions.

What's your favorite console/arcade version?
I have to say that having spent so much time on 11 Asia, it holds a special place in my heart.

What's your favorite control method?
Bachi controls~ If I'm playing a console I'd prefer to use bachi controls as far as possible (touchscreen, tatacon etc)

What about on the arcade?
I have a set of bachi I use~

How long do you usually play Taiko?
Usually in 1/2 hour sessions, though I sometimes play a little longer.

What's your favorite genre and why?
Game Music, mainly because I recognise the most amount of songs from there. I have a fondness for videogame music, so I'm always excited to find a new song I like in this category.

What's your favorite song and why?
Favourite song... that's a hard one. There's a lot of Namco Originals I like... I guess the one I played the most is Taiko Time, funnily enough.

What's the song that gives you the most trouble?
At this moment, Kurenai and Kamikaze Remix are giving me problems. I still can't full combo them...

What's your least favorite song?
Honestly, I can't think of any song that I've actually played that made me feel that it was least favourite or anything like that. Ah well.

Do you actually like any of the side modes/minigames in Taiko?
Story mode's always a blast~ Though it would be nice if I actually knew Japanese so I could understand what was going on...

What song would you like to see in one of the future Taiko games?
More Namco Game Music songs would be nice~ There's a lot of potential in Namco games, especially in, say, Soul Calibur or Tekken.